Monday 20 October 2008

J2ME Tutorial

Hey all,

I promised my J2ME class that I would post up a tutorial, I know I said it would be up over the weekend but I have been really busy over the last few days. The actual code I will be using is now complete and I will post the step by step tutorial of it tonight. The goal of the tutorial is to have an understanding of how to load images into your J2ME program, turn them into sprites and use frame sequencing to animate them. There is also multithreading in the game (which is a very poor Pong clone but it does the job) and collision detection, all of these things you will need to use and incorporate into your game (for the game programmers of the class) and plenty can still be used for the networkers if you wish. If you want a sneak look at the source code or even just the running demo, they can be found here.

Check back later tonight for the walkthrough of it, depending on how well this blog allows me to use code blocks I may just post a blog with a link to my staff webpage as the formatting may look odd when posted on this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, Is the PHP tutorial for mobile programming going to be on this or a different page?